Hobie kayak Twist & Seal hatches as used on almost every Hobie kayak model. Fits current models that have round hatches and are retrofittable as a surrogate to earlier round hatches in the original models. The lid is hinged so you'll never lose it over the side and because they aren't a threaded style hatch, never seize up inconveniently. Designed with a cork-screw-like mechanism for closure, a simple twist of the handle opens or closes the hatch. As the screw pulls down the hatch, you get a tight seal on the 'O Ring' seal against the inner cylinder. The hatch seals around the edge of the cylinder and does not have to be held down against a flat surface to seal. This allows the hatch to seal even if the lid is partially open or tipped. Flip the handle into the recess to “lock” it closed. These hatches are now standard equipment on all Hobie Kayaks.
- Includes rubber o-ring, foam gasket, backing plate and stainless fitting hardware
- Available in 6 and 8 inch diameters
- 6" Hatch Retro - Part# 71701001
- 8" Hatch Retro - Part# 71702001
- Also see: Twist n Seal Hatch Gaskets