The Freeze Dried Bait Company uses the finest fresh bait, sourced from premium sustainability focused suppliers. Using state of the art commercial freeze driers, 98% of moisture is removed while all natural oils and solids remain virtually intact. Packed in heavy duty UV proof bags with nitrogen flushing enables the bait to remain preserved for over 3 years. Perfect as a backup bait for kayak anglers on regular day trips or expeditions in remote areas.
Fishing - When it’s time to wet a line the bait is simply re hydrated in fresh or salt water. Re-hydration occurs in around 6 minutes (or as long as it takes to rig a rod) and the result is a slightly rubbery texture. The firmness of re-hydrated bait ensures it grips the hook better than most fresh alternatives resulting in more casts from a single bait.
There are many benefits to freeze dried bait:
- No need to keep bait refrigerated or frozen, eskies and freezers are free for essentials
- Lasts infinitely longer than fresh bait, 3+ years!
- Store anywhere, throw a bag in the glove box, briefcase or back pack
- Light weight, approximately 70% lighter than fresh bait let alone a frozen block
- Cleaner alternative, reduced mess and smell